As a Mercedes-Benz owner, you can be assured by our reputation for reliability and quality. But to give you even greater peace of mind, every new Mercedes-Benz vehicle sold through the Mercedes-Benz network comes with a comprehensive 12 months unlimited warranty. This means you can rest assured that your Truck is covered for any failure caused by a manufacturing fault during the warranty period
Our warranty provides you with levels of support that are a measure of the confidence we have in our products.
You have the added assurance that all work under warranty will be carried out by qualified technicians using Mercedes-Benz GenuineParts.
What does the Warranty Cover?
The warranty for your Truck protects you, our customer, against failures in the vehicle caused by any manufacturing defects that may have occurred when your vehicle was built. It’s our way of showing that we’re properly supporting you, your vehicle and your business, right from day one. We’ll cover you for any defects in material or workmanship that occur as a result of the vehicle manufacturing process. Whilst glass is not normally covered, warranty would apply in the case of a stress fracture. In this way, we accept responsibilityfor those items that are ours; but naturally we cannot cover any non-approved modifications, accessories or bodywork applied after the vehicle’s manufacture.
What does the warranty not cover?
Again, remember that the purpose of any warranty is only to cover defects that may have arisen during the manufacturing process. Therefore, we can’t cover problems arising from:
- A failure to follow instructions contained in the vehicle’s operating manual or maintenance booklets, or from your authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer, garage or repairer.
- A failure to have the vehicle maintained and serviced correctly, and at the required intervals as set out in the maintenance booklet.
- Incorrect repairs by an unauthorised garage.
- The fitting of non-approved parts, additional equipment and bodywork, or other unauthorised vehicle modifications (your Mercedes-Benz dealer will be happy to advise).
- Using and driving the vehicle outside the instructions outlined in the driver’s handbook.
- Excessive speed.
- Not following advice provided by the vehicle’s information system or dashboard warning lights.
- Exceeding gross vehicle weights, axle loads and payload capacity.
- Normal ‘wear and tear’, including friction and consumable items such as oil and lubricants, filters, brake pads, clutch materials, wiper blade sand tyres.
- External events including environmental issues such as storms and floods, accident damage, salt corrosion, civil unrest or vandalism.
What Costs are Covered?
Provided the defect has occurred in the stated warranty period, Mercedes-Benz UK Ltd will pay for the cost of the repair, inclusive of parts and labour. All warranty work must be carried out by a Mercedes-Benz authorised repairer, who in turn will use only Mercedes-Benz GenuineParts.
What costs are not covered?
We can’t cover you for any incidental costs arising from the defect; costs such as loss of use and rental charges, telephone calls, other travel or accommodation expenses, time or inconvenience or loss of business earnings. Additionally, costs relating to routine servicing and maintenance, accident damage and replacing normal wear and tear items are outside the warranty.